The 2nd Edition of Massad Ayoob’s Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right To Self Defense is now available, updated and expanded with the latest advice for handling a lethal force encounter.
The first edition of Gun Digest’s Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right To Self Defense brought you expert advice from Massad Ayoob on how to best handle a lethal force encounter, but plenty more has happened in the world since it was released. Now updated and expanded for its second edition, Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right To Self Defense is more comprehensive than ever before.
In its over 300 pages, the revised book walks you through the grave responsibility and laws surrounding the application of lethal force. A must-have for any concealed carrier, Ayoob lays down what you need to think, do and say before and after surviving a deadly force encounter. Besides the author’s established wisdom concerning how to remain within the bounds of the law, Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right To Self Defense, 2nd Edition now also includes commentary and conclusions drawn from recent high-profile shooting cases such as those involving Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery.
Whether you’re a seasoned concealed carrier or only recently strapped on your first iron, this updated guide will help you do it right.
This updated edition includes deep dives into the:
- Kyle Rittenhouse trial
- Ahmaud Arbery shooting
- SCOTUS’ New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen ruling
- Legal standards for self-defense
- Castle doctrine and stand your ground laws
- Debunking self-defense myths
- Realities of post-shooting psychological trauma
- Commentary on problematic hardware
- And More!
The book is currently available for purchase on the Gun Digest Store!
More On Self-Defense:
- 6 Defensive Handgun Drills to Master
- The Shot Timer And Defensive Handgun Training
- Dry Fire Training To Improve Defensive Handgun Skills
- Aiming A Defensive Handgun, Is There One Right Way?
- 7 Steps To Control Fear And Make Sound Decisions Under Stress