Brownells is taking on the tactical flashlight market with a new line called Versatile lights. “They provide self-defense and tactical shooters superb illumination for all firearm mounted and handheld applications,” the company says.
The Versatile BVL160 and BVL280 lights have 1″ diameter, aircraft-grade aluminum bodies, making them compatible with most firearms light mounts. Mil-Spec anodizing provides durability and corrosion resistance for long service. “Our customers provided feedback about the operational features they require in a compact flashlight, and the new Brownells 160- and 280-lumen flashlights incorporate their design suggestions,” said Company CEO, Pete Brownell.
Other design features include:
• Latest generation, high-intensity-LED XR-E Cree emitters combine high output and long run times
• Tailcap switches allow for simple transitions from momentary to constant operation
• Crenellated bezels protect the LEDs and allow the lights to serve as compliance devices if needed
• Red, green and blue filters are included for preserving night-adapted vision, accommodating night-vision devices, or for locating organic fluids
• Adjustable exterior O-rings to use as finger stops when employing “syringe grip” techniques
• Three flats on the body provide a sure grip in Harries or FBI illuminating techniques
• Spring-steel free spinning lanyard loops and lanyards aid retention and eliminate tangles when handling the lights off the gun
The waterproof Versatile lights ship with two CR-123A batteries and are ready to go out of the box. The new Brownells Versatile Light BVL160 #080-000-966, $59.99; and the Brownells Versatile Light BVL280 #080-000-967, $89.99, are available for pre-order at Brownells.com.
“Smart design suggestions from experienced users make these lights ‘versatile' choices for civilians and law enforcement,” continued Brownell.
Recommended Tactical Light Resources