The Ruger SR-762: A Quick Look at the Features:
- Ruger chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm.
- Two-stage piston to provide a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
- The four-position chrome-plated gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance.
- Gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor.
- Folding backup iron sights include a windage adjustable rear sight and an elevation adjustable front sight.
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock is mounted on a Mil-Spec diameter tube.
- Chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel.
- Fluted barrel features an SR-556/Mini-14-style flash suppressor.
- Round, smooth-sided Ruger Lightweight Adaptable handguard with flattop receiver features a Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail.
- Hogue® Monogrip® pistol grip* adds comfort when carrying or shooting.
- Chrome-plated bolt and chrome-plated one-piece bolt carrier with oversized and radiused rear bearing surface.
- Three 20-round MAGPUL PMAG magazines; soft-sided case; three finger-grooved rail covers.
The SR-762 features the familiar and ergonomic AR-style platform. The .308 Win./7.62 NATO cartridge is well-known to our readers as an ideal hunting cartridge for medium- and large-sized game — as well as enhancing the capability of the AR-style platform in defensive or tactical roles.
Shooters will find lots to like about this rifle. For instance, it retains the features of Ruger's very popular SR-556 (5.56mm, .223) that will make it a solid performer among AR-style rifles. The SR-762's two-stage piston reportedly delivers a smooth power stroke to the one-piece bolt carrier, a feature known to reduce felt recoil and improve the rifle’s durability, according to Ruger.
Also interesting is its four-position gas regulator: It allows the shooter to tune the rifle to function reliably with a broad variety of ammunition and in varying environmental conditions.
A heavy contour, 16.12” chrome-lined, cold hammer forged barrel with a 1:10” twist features exterior fluting to minimize weight while promoting accuracy. Ruger supplies the rifle with its Lightweight Adaptable Handguard, bringing the SR-762 weight to just around 8.6 pounds.
Three 20-round Magpul PMAG magazines are provided with the gun. Folding backup iron sights, a Hogue Monogrip, Picatinny rail sections and rail covers add considerable value to the package for shooters wanting a ready-to-rock gun right our of the box. The six-position stock, sight adjustment tool, and a soft-sided carry case are icing on the cake.
The Ruger SR-762 has a suggested retail price of $2,195.
Ruger SR-762 Specs
Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible
Finish: Manganese Phosphate/Hardcoat Anodized
Sights: Folding Iron Sights Height: 8.00″
Barrel Length: 16.12″ Overall Length: 34.75″ – 38.00″
Width: 2.50″ Weight: 8.60 lbs.
Twist: 1:10″ RH Grooves: 6
Length of Pull: 11.50″ – 14.75″ Capacity: 20
Suggested Retail: $2195.00