This is gun owners’ last shot (so to speak) at saving the country from the worst piece of legislation that we’ve seen in years.
Make no mistake about it: The pivotal vote in the House will be — directly or indirectly — on whether to adopt the corrupt and discredited Senate ObamaCare bill verbatim. And the votes are being corralled by Obama and Pelosi through a new round of bribes, threats, and corruption.
Consider what has been implanted in the bill which will be voted on in the House this week.
1. Restrictions upon gun owners. The Senate-passed version would allow the ATF to troll your confidential medical records in order to take guns away from potentially tens of millions of Americans. The “individual mandate” (in Sections 1501 and 1502) will make it impossible for you to keep private, medical information out of the government-controlled medical database that was created in last year’s stimulus bill.
Order Gun Digest Annual Book 2010. Click Here
2. Bribes, bribes, bribes. The bill your Representative will be voting on still contains virtually all of the bribes that made the Senate version such a disgusting spectacle. This includes:
* Mary Landrieu’s $300,000,000 “Louisiana Purchase;”
* A broadened version of the nauseating “Cornhusker Kickback” to get Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson’s vote;
* The roughly $10 BILLION (with a “b”) bribe to Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders for clinics which could well be run by ACORN and Planned Parenthood;
* The $100 million Connecticut “Hospital Handout” bribe to corrupt Senator Chris Dodd; and
* The $300 million Libby, Montana, asbestos bribe.
3. Unconstitutional mandates. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bill to be voted on this week would increase the cost of private insurance by 10-13% over what it would be if Congress did nothing — and require, under penalty of imprisonment, that you buy it. Read more
Source and Action Center: gunowners.org