Gunsite Instructor Cory Trapp goes through AR-15 cleaning, maintenance and inspection.
Courtesy of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), Gunsite Instructor Cory Trapp goes through AR-15 disassembly, cleaning, maintenance and inspection.
This is one of the better videos I've seen on this subject, especially how Trapp dispells several AR-15 myths related to lubrication and reliability.
- AR-15 disassembly and reassembly
- Why the .223 and 5.56 are not interchangeable
- AR-15 feedramps: Standard M16 vs. M4 styles
- AR-15 Bolt disassembly and maintenance tips
- Trigger group cleaning (what not to do)
- How to replace the extractor spring
- Spare parts you need on hand for your AR-15
- How to properly reassemble the bolt assembly
- Why you should not lubricate your lower or the buffer
- What to look for when doing an inspection
- The AR function check you should do each time you reassemble your AR