No surprise that the Modern Sporting Rifle or MSR (which includes AR and AK rifle models) is currently the most popular rifle platform.
They have been among the best long gun sellers on store shelves in recent years and are now seen everywhere, from the competitive target range to the big game woods.
But did you know…
- 66 percent of MSR owners own two or more MSRs.
- 26 percent of MSR owners purchased their first rifle in 2012 or 2013.
- Over 33 percent of those who own four or more MSRs purchased their first MSR prior to 1994.
- Nine out of 10 MSR owners owned a handgun prior to their MSR.
- 35 percent of MSR owners are current or former military/law enforcement.
- 55 percent of MSR owners paid under $1,000 for their MSR.
- 36 percent of all MSR owners purchased their most recent MSR at an independent retail store or a gun show.
- The average MSR owner is 35+ years old, married and has at least some college education.
Recommended AR-15 resources:
Find more gun books, DVDs and downloads at gundigeststore.com.