Enhanced for professional duty, the Legion Series takes the best pistols SIG has to offer and makes them better.
Among the most familiar names in firearms, SIG Sauer has produced its share of true classics. Whether you’re talking about the battle-tough P229 or the bullseye battering P210, the gunmaker has rolled out pistols renowned for their ability to excel under the direst circumstances. What might have flown under your radar are the premium editions of the company’s legends rolled out in recent years.
It might not sound possible, but the SIG Legion Series takes the best the gunmaker has and makes them better. That’s saying a lot, given how these pistols performed in the first place. But, with some truly practical upgrades, the Legion Series is made to take the worst the world can throw at them and give it back twice as hard.
Tune Into More Gun Digest TV:
- The Elegant Power Of The Ruger Blackhawk Bisley .45 Colt
- Development Of The Lever-Action Rifle
- The Ingenious Pedersen Device
- Properly Using A Defensive AR-15 From Cover
SIG’s picked their top pistols – both full-sized and compact variations – to make up the line of guns. Real tooth chippers, including the P938, P229, P226 and P220. Good choices one and all, but how exactly are they different from the standard models? Let’s take a look at what exactly makes the guns of the Legion Series absolute gems:
- Cerakote Elite Legion gray coating
- Custom G-10 grips with a Legion medallion
- SIG SAUER Electro-Optics X-RAY high visibility day/night sights
- Three magazines standard
- Reduced and contoured Elite beavertail, which allows for a higher grip
- More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard
- X-Five undercut for more control of the pistol
- Front cocking serrations
For more information on the SIG Legion Series, please visit www.sigsauer.com.
The Definitive Tactical Resource
As the premier source of up-to-date information on tactical firearms and gear, Tactical Gun Digest combines authoritative reporting by industry experts and coverage of the latest products, trends and techniques with an extensive illustrated catalog featuring state-of-the-art handguns, rifles, shotguns, optics and gear. This book is the ultimate reference for the tactical professional or serious shooter. Learn More