I spent some time talking with Stephan Kern of Schmidt & Bender about their new ceramic-coated Police Marksman II 5-25 x 56 PM II/LP/MTC/LT scope.
The German company had strewn signage all around the floor of SHOT Show 2010 depicting this tan-colored matte-finish tactical scope, and I couldn't wait to get a closer look.
Here's the information on this scope from Schmidt & Bender's website:
True 2000-meter capability. Unlike most long-range variables thatoffer only a 4x magnification multiple, the 5-25 x 56 provides a full 5x and a wider field of view.
Parallax adjustment in a separate turret, completely adjustable from 10 meters to infinity.
The illuminated reticle has 11 graduated settings offeringprecise control relative to ambient light. The scope includes Schmidt & Bender's unique color-coded “Double Turn” elevation knob that gives the shooter instant reference to where the elevation is set.
The entire 100-minute adjustment range can be covered in just two turns of the knob. The user will never become “lost” within the adjustment range.
Now, after I got done drooling over the scope's new flat earth ceramic finish, Kern demonstrated the scope's extremely tight (read, precise) turret adjustments, which are designed to give the shooter a ready reference to dial up and then easily return to zero. You always know how many revolutions you've made – a handy feature.
Here are some more details:
- Main tube: 34 mm diameter light alloy
- Surface finish: shock-resistant ceramic coating
- Illuminated reticle in the 1st or 2nd focal plane
- Elevation adjustment with MTC, double turn and tactile plane
- Elevation and windage turrets with locking function
- Zero Stop: elevation stop function in the zero position
- Zero Click: tactile click of the windage zero position
- Parallax compensation from 10m to infinity
More information: www.schmidtbender.com