Let me be the first to admit I didn’t use these boots to fast rope. I did, however wear them at the 2012 SHOT Show in Vegas. At the end of Day 1 my pedometer read 7.28 miles and I had very few complaints with my Danner DFA 4.5-inch GTX® Uniform Boots.
Danner builds these boots on what they call the 1368 last, claiming it is a sleek, streamlined last that is excellent for light trail, multi-sport and casual use and a running shoe-like fit. The first part I can believe, but don’t expect these boots to feel like a pair of Reeboks. They are duty boots and I found comfort in the fact that they offer plenty of support and protection. And after more than 20 miles, they were indeed quite comfortable.
What I really like is the free return shipping. If you buy from Danner.com you can rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, Danner will pay for return shipping to insure you get the size you need.
• 100 percent waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable – even in extreme conditions
• Durable, low oil Nubuc leather designed for the demands of fast roping combined with rugged 1000 Denier nylon upper for lightweight comfort and mobility
• Cement down construction offers excellent durability in a light weight package
• Variable lacing system locks the heel into the pocket providing a glove-like fit and superior control
• Polyurethane footbeds are padded for comfort and arch support
• Co-molded midsole plate for springboard toe return, impact absorption and puncture resistance
• Extended sizes available for women or those with smaller feet
• Patent pending Danner® Descender outsole featuring a Vibram® V-4 ultra-abrasion rubber compound built into the medial side arch for fast roping control. Multidirectional lug pattern for quick acceleration and braking in all directions
• Bi-fit composite shank
• 4.5″ height
• 55 oz
You'll need a pair of tactical socks to go with those boots. Click here to browse the tactical sock selection at GunDigestStore.com.