10 best videos of brave people pulling the trigger on heavy, and we mean HEAVY, recoiling guns!
1. The .577 T-Rex (Yeah, that's gonna smart). Next Video
2. Bad Idea: A super-light Winchester Model 70 chambered in .500 Jeffrey (Oh!) Next Video
3. More .577 T-Rex (“Holy, moly!”). Next Video
4. Largest Centerfire Rifle Ever Made 950 JDJ (2500 grain bullet, 24 grains of powder, at 2100 FOS, 25,400 ft. lbs of energy for a recoil force of 277 ft. lbs of energy – like firing ten 30-06s at one time). Next Video
5. Girl vs. .577 T-Rex. Next Video
6. African tracker shoots the 416 Ruger. Next Video
7. Girl vs. .416 Rigby! Next Video
8. Shooting the (4-Gauge) shotgun is easy! (Just ask Joe Biden) Next Video
9. Double barrel shotgun shooting tip: Discharge one barrel at a time. Next Video
10. And finally … Here's a really good demo on the proper way to control heavy recoil. Note how a slight change in posture allows the shooter to control the recoil generated by the .458 Winchester Magnum. Piece of cake!
Editor's Note: We've all got a few good stories about the time we shot a really hard-kicking gun. What's yours? Log in below and leave a comment.
What to learn more about dangerous game rifles and how to shoot them? Get the Gun Digest Annual Book