Designed for concealed carry, Wilson Combat's Vickers Elite Commander is long on performance.
What the Vickers Elite Commander offers :
- Carbon-steel frame and slide.
- 4.25-inch stainless-steel match-grade barrel.
- Available in .45 ACP and 9mm.
- Long 5.6-inch sight radius.
- 8+1 capacity in both calibers.
- 30 LPI checkered front strap.
- G10 grip pannels.
- Battlesights with gold bead front sight.
If you’ve missed out on Larry Vickers, you need to increase your YouTube consumption. Watch any sort of gun content and sooner or later the US Army 1st SFOD- Delta combat veteran and IDPA co-founder will show up and expounds (knowingly) on the firearms’ topic at hand. That particularly applies to 1911s. Hand-fitting custom examples of the pistol, in addition to fighting and competing with them, he developed the repute of knowing what makes them tick and pushes them to near perfection.
Best Starter Kit for Concealed Carry:
Disclosure: Some of these links are affiliate links. Caribou Media Group may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you!
Given this, it came as little surprise Wilson Combat’s Vickers Elite lived up to its namesake’s reputation. A full-sized government model, the 1911 had a number of enhancements, including improved cocking serrations, thicker flange bushing and an improved magazine. Wilson and Vickers continue to collaborate, and recently unveiled the follow-up to their 2015 efforts — the Vickers Elite Commander. A mamma-bear model, the 4.25-inch barreled 1911 boast’s all the features of the line’s originator in a package a bit more practical to carry day to day.
From Wilson Combat:
The Vickers Elite Commander, by Wilson Combat, is the concealed carry version of the famed Larry Vickers designed full-size Vickers Elite model 1911. This 4.25” bushing barrel Commander version is a top choice of traditionalists who prefer a more compact carry gun with a bushing style takedown.
The Vickers Elite Commander starts with Wilson Combat's hand-fitted, forged slide and frame combination along with their forged stainless steel bushing barrel for impeccable reliability and precise accuracy. Wilson Combat's rigorous hand-fitting specifications yield a match-accurate defensive pistol that you can count on regardless of shooting scenario.
The Vickers Elite Commander wears the Vickers Tactical logo, special wide serrations, and proprietary G-10 grips to immediately identify this model in the field. Our one-piece, Bullet Proof Magwell adds a practical, tactical touch for enhanced reloading under stress.
Vickers Elite Commander
Caliber: .45 ACP, 9mm
Magazine Capacity: 8 Rounds
Barrel Length: 4.75″
Overall Length: 7.85″
Sight Radius: 5.95″
Weight Empty: 39.6 oz.
Weight Loaded: 45.2″
Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5″ at 25 yards
MSRP: .45 ACP ($3850) | 9mm ($3960)
- Professional-Size Carbon Steel Frame
- 30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap
- Bullet Proof Round Butt Magazine Well
- Bobbed High-Ride Bullet Proof Beavertail Grip Safety
- Tactical Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- G10 Vickers Elite Logo Grips
- Countersunk Slide Stop
- 4.25” Carbon Steel Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Battlesight with Gold Bead Front Sight
- 4.25” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Thick Flange
- Bushing, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Wide Rear Cocking Serrations
- Ball Endmill Cuts
For more information on Wilson Combat's Vickers Commander, please visit: www.wilsoncombat.com.