The engineers at Kahr Arms have been busy this past year. And recently, the fruits of their labors were on full display.
The Massachusetts-based gun maker introduced its Gen2 Premium Series Pistols at the NRA Convention earlier this month. And the space-aged design looks to have some rather interesting aspects to it.
Kahr appears to have smoothed out all the usual sharp edges found on semi-automatic pistols. This has given the handgun a particularly striking for end with its slide well rounded and the front of the frame cut at an angle.
The streamlining of the striker-fired pistols might be worth more than just adding some glitz to Kahr's Premium line. It appears these modifications have the potential to make the Gen2s smoother on the draw and re-holster. Of course, some handling of one of the pistols would be needed to confirm these suspicions.
The company promises more than smooth lines with the Gen2 Series. Kahr is also crowing about the tighter manufacturing tolerances the pistols are being held to, promising it will live up to the “Premium” moniker.
For those who dig on options when hunting for a new firearm, the Gen2s are a wonderland. The line has a slew of upgrades and features from previous iterations, including:
- 30-percent shorter trigger stroke than present Premium models
- Integrated trigger safety
- Picatinny rail for the addition of a laser or light
- Forward cocking serrations on the 5- and 6-inch barrel models for easier slide manipulation
- 6-inch compensated barrel model
- Leupold Deltapoint Red Dot mount (5-inch barrel models)
- Leupold Deltapoint Red Dot optic included (6-inch barrel models)
- TRUGLO TFX Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night sights standard on 3.5- and 4-inch barrel models
- Safe-Cam striker-fired action
- Double recoil spring system to aid in reducing felt recoil
- Redesigned grip and magazine base for a more streamlined look
- Slide machined from high-quality stainless steel
- Ergonomic single stack grip frame
- Ships with 3 magazines and a lockable, hard, polymer case
Kahr will offer 12 models of the Gen2 Premium Series Pistols in three calibers — 9mm, .40 Smith & Wesson and .45 ACP. The 9mm and .45 models will be available in July and August 2015, while the .40 is set for release in December. The MSRP on the new series ranges from $976 to $1,668, depending on model.
Subscribe to the Gun Digest email newsletter and we'll send your print-at-home target pack right away. Just enter your email address below.