Inside This Issue
• The new Smith & Wesson Model 25 Classic brings back the styling of a favorite big-bore wheelgun. From the fit and finish, to the rich bluing, to the big, old .45 Colt chambering, the S&W Model 25 is everything you remember. Dave Workman has the details.
• American Western Arms is leading the way with reproductions of
the Colt Single Action Army and pump-action Colt Lightning, Dan Shideler writes. These guns re-create the spirit of the Old West.
• Can one gun be better than several?
• NRA essay winners are announced.
• The election has one clear choice for gun owners. Towsley gives his insight.
• The biography of Robert Ruark paints a vivid picture of the famous author.
• There’s plenty of new gear for shooters and hunters.
• There is a caliber that will not die. Even after almost 100 years, handloaders are getting great performance from the .257 Roberts.
• The M-1A is an outstanding platform for a scout rifle or semiauto sniper system.
Click here to load up on a subscription.