** The giveaway has ended, but be sure to check the Inside Gun Digest Books blog often for more chances to win great Gun Digest books.**
Pistol training to master the basics is the only way to shoot faster and more accurately. Tactical Pistol Shooting 2nd Edition is a profusely-illustrated, easy-to-read tactical pistol training handbook that provides a base knowledge to help laymen, professional operators and concealed carry permit holders learn and maintain their skills with a handgun. Whether you carry a pistol for a living, for defense or personal protection, this book will help you attain the level of training desired.
Author Erik Lawrence served with the U.S. Army Special Forces and/or U.S. Government for the last 20 years. During that time, he trained, deployed and operated in many conflicts, refining his instructor skills with real-world experience that provided perspective in the need for proper training. Having trained and advised numerous U. S. Military and foreign military units in specialized tactical training, Erik has perfected his ability to deliver relevant and correct training for upcoming generations of law enforcement and warfighters. Here are a few of Erik's credentials:
- Managing Member of Mid-Atlantic Training Resources, LLC
- National Rifle Association Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
- West Virginia Law Enforcement Governor’s Board Instructor
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Instructor for Federal Air Marshal program
- Numerous military instructor and shooting/tactics courses
- Instructor of multiple courses, from pistol to foreign weapons armorer courses
- Author of multiple firearms manuals and tactics publications
This week, we're giving away a copy of Erik's fantastic tactical pistol training handbook, Tactical Pistol Shooting 2nd Edition. To enter the random drawing, just post a comment below telling us where/how you learned to shoot. Or, as always, you can just say you’d like to win the book.
Entries will be accepted until midnight Monday (May 7, 2012) and we’ll announce the winner Tuesday (May 8).
In the meantime, here's a look at what Erik covers in the book:
Chapter 1: Mindset
Chapter 2: Pistol Nomenclature & Terms
Chapter 3: Safety Considerations
Chapter 4: Body Mechanics & Pistol Shooting
Chapter 5: Shooting Fundamentals
Chapter 6: Shooting Positions
Chapter 7: Reloading Techniques
Chapter 8: Malfunction Drills
Chapter 9: Combat Marksmanship: Considerations, Training Tips & Drills
Chapter 10: Shooting While Wounded
Chapter 11: Low-Light Shooting
Chapter 12: Left-Hand-Dominant Shooter
One entry per person, please.
Entries accepted until 11:59 pm Central Time Monday, May 7, 2012.
Winner will be selected at random and announced Tuesday,May 8, 2012.
F+W MEDIA/ GUN DIGEST Book Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”), aged 18 years or older.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of F+W Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and